- Saxe Gotha Elementary School
- Welcome to Saxe Gotha Elementary School
2nd Grade Testing Schedule
October 1, 2020
Dear 2nd Grade Parent or Guardian:
Lexington One will administer the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) and Iowa Assessments to all 2nd grade students. The 2nd grade screening is part of the mandatory state testing program for all 2nd graders.
CogAT measures general thinking and problem-solving skills that students have learned through in-school and out-of-school experiences. It indicates how well the students can use these skills to solve verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal problems. Iowa Assessments measure student progress in reading and math. Information from CogAT and Iowa Assessments supplement teacher observations about what students are able to do. As a result, teachers are better able to employ methods and materials that will provide optimal learning conditions for each student.
Face-to-face student testing schedule -
- Tuesday, October 20 - CogAT Verbal
- Wednesday, October 21 - CogAT Quantitative and Nonverbal
- Thursday, October 22 - Iowa Reading and Math
If your student is currently enrolled in LOOLA, they must attend school in person to complete the assessments on the designated days listed below. You will notice that administration dates are on Fridays which means that virtual students are the only ones on campus; thereby, ensuring social distancing and a safer testing environment. Testing will last from approximately 8:00-11:00 a.m.
LOOLA student testing schedule -
- Friday, October 23 - CogAT Verbal
- Friday, October 30 - CogAT Quantitative and Nonverbal
- Friday, November 6 - Iowa Reading and Math
Bus transportation will be provided for LOOLA students. The test coordinator at your school will send you a form to complete to ensure that a bus will arrive to pick up your student on the days listed above.
Your student will be allowed to attempt sample questions prior to the actual test administration.
Please be sure your child:
- is present and on time every day.
- doesn’t have competing activities that would cause fatigue.
- maintains a typical routine during the testing period.