Enrollment for 5-year-old kindergarten for the 2021–2022 school year will open at 4:00 P.M. on Thursday, April 29, 2021. Families may enroll students online this year for convenience and the safety of our students, their families and our staff.
If your child turns 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2021, your child is eligible for 5-year-old kindergarten.
If your child currently attends a 4-year-old kindergarten program in Lexington District One, you do not need to complete this online enrollment process.
If you do not know which school your child is zoned for, go to the “School Locator” and fill out your information.
• Child’s official birth certificate with parents’ name listed (not wallet or short certificate)
- Need a copy of a birth certificate? In South Carolina, see DHEC's "How to Obtain a Copy of your Birth Certificate." (Mail-in form at bottom of page.)
- Nationally, see the CDC's "Where to Write for Vital Records."
• Completed South Carolina Certificate of Immunization
- For more information on obtaining the certificate of immunization, click here.
• Current utility bill/statement showing parent’s name and home address within the district for proof of residency
• Parent’s South Carolina driver’s license or other state or federal photo identification
If you are unable to produce any of the documents listed above or complete enrollment online, please contact your child’s zoned school or the Office of Student Services at 803-821-1029 to discuss alternative documentation that may be acceptable.
World Language Immersion registration for rising kindergarteners also begins on April 29. Find more information about the World Language Immersion registration process here.