- Rocky Creek Elementary School
- Welcome to Rocky Creek Elementary School
Beginning March 16th, Rocky Creek returns to a Face to Face 5 day a week schedule!
We're excited to welcome back our Face to Face Rangers to five in person days a week.
Beginning March 16th, school will resume meeting 5 days each week. School hours will adjust slightly too. School hours are now 7:40am - 2:10pm.
Parents, students will be considered tardy after 7:40 now. We ask you to dismiss or make any transportation changes for your student before 1:40pm.
If you have any questions please call the RCE office between the hours of 7:00am - 4:00pm at (803) 821-4200.
See a copy of Dr. Little's letter to parents below.
February 26, 2021
Dear Parents/Guardians of Elementary School Students:
As you know, the district’s reentry plan has been focused on taking deliberate, purposeful steps. We are committed to minimizing student and staff exposure in order to keep them safe and, as a result, keep you and your families safe.
Because of the steps we have taken and our current data, we now believe that we can shift our elementary students coming to school for face-to-face instruction from four to five days each week.
Since Monday, March 15, is a holiday, the shift to five days of face-to-face instruction will begin on Tuesday, March 16.
As a result of this shift, there will be a few other changes beginning Tuesday, March 16, too.
- The school day will begin at 7:40 a.m. and end at 2:10 p.m.
- Transportation will adjust bus routes and schedules as necessary.
- Students may notice that they move throughout the building more often.
This plan does not impact students in the Online Learning Academy.
Please help us by reinforcing with your student(s) the importance of:
- wearing a mask while on a school bus and campus.
- practicing good hygiene (wash/sanitize hands often, cover coughs/sneezes with inside of elbow or tissue, etc.).
- practicing physical-distancing measures in classrooms and common areas.
- following school officials’ directions regarding health and safety.
- letting their teacher or another staff member know immediately if they don’t feel well or think they may have any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Your child’s principal will be in touch with you soon to give you more information about specific changes at your child’s school.
We look forward to regaining a bit more normalcy as we welcome our elementary students back five days a week on Tuesday, March 16.
Remember — We are Stronger Together.
Dr. Greg Little, Superintendent