- Rocky Creek Elementary School
- Welcome to Rocky Creek Elementary School
An important message from Dr. Little
October 12, 2020
Dear Lexington District One Staff and Parents/Guardians:
On Monday, October 19, the district expands its Phase Two academic plan, the Four Plus One model. Cohort A and B third-grade through fifth-grade students return to school for face-to-face instruction four days a week (Monday–Thursday). Fridays will remain e-learning days.
Some students with Individualized Education Plans, some English Language Learners, and some mathematics and English language arts students receiving additional services in middle and high schools will also come back on October 19. Your child’s school will contact you if your child is identified for additional services.
The plan does not impact students in the Online Learning Academy.
We are committed to minimizing student and staff exposure as much as possible. We will continue to study the number of positive COVID-19 cases throughout the district, the number of individuals who have exhibited symptoms, student and staff attendance data, and the district’s ability to cover classes when substitutes are not available.
When social distancing has not been possible for secondary students, it has significantly affected the number of students who have had to quarantine. We will begin to bring middle and high school students back when we can do more to mitigate social distancing. It is more challenging because middle and high school students change classes many times during the day. They also have other opportunities to gather outside of the classroom as they participate in athletics, performing arts, and other activities.
In the meantime, all other middle and high school students will continue with their current AA and BB hybrid model, with each cohort coming to school for face-to-face learning two days a week and e-learning from home three days a week. Some middle and high school students may begin to transition sooner than their classmates as the district focuses on student priority groups.
Thank you for your support as we continue to bring students in — while maintaining social distancing as much as possible. We need your help, too. Please remind your students that they pledged at the beginning of school to:
- wear a mask while on a school bus and campus.
- practice social-distancing measures in classrooms and common areas.
- follow school officials’ directions regarding health and safety.
- practice good hygiene (wash/sanitize hands often, cover coughs/sneezes with inside of elbow or tissue, etc.).
- let their teacher or another staff member know if they don’t feel well or think they may have any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Remember. We are Stronger Together.
Dr. Greg Little, Superintendent