If we believe…
All children can learn.
- We encourage children.
- We see children learning in different ways.
Setting high expectations enables every child to reach his/her maximum potential.
- We clearly communicate high standards.
- We continually assess each child’s strengths and weaknesses to guide instruction.
Learners should be actively involved in rigorous and relevant educational experiences.
- We see children highly engaged throughout the day.
- We see self-directed learners in a collaborative environment making connections across an integrated curriculum.
All learners should be respected, valued and provided with leadership opportunities.
- We praise students.
- We celebrate each student.
- We attend to the physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being of every student.
Children learn best in a safe, positive and nurturing environment.
- We see caring and supportive staff members throughout the school.
- We treat children with dignity and respect.
- We see happy children who are excited about learning.
All members of the staff accept responsibility for the learning of all students in the school.
- We see all staff members interacting with students in a positive manner.
Teachers, students and community members collaborate to improve instruction for all students.
- We see teachers sharing effective strategies, mentoring, coaching, studying together, planning together and solving problems together.