Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education from Appalachian State University (2001) Masters of Arts degree in Reading Education from Appalachian State University (2004) Reading Specialist
My Professional Accomplishments
- Educating since 2003
- Teacher of the Year (Saluda County 2008)
- Read to Succeed Certified
- Member of the Nurture Den
My Professional Passions & Strengths
- Building a comfortable classroom community and sharing my love of reading & writing
- Classroom Management and procedures
- I love etymology-learning the origin & history of words!
My Personal Passions
My husband, Joel, and I were married in 2005. Our son, Sebastian, joined our family in 2018. We have one dog, Hershey Kiss. I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina, but have called South Carolina home since 2005. I love hiking, gardening, classic car shows, and hanging out at the beach. I enjoy reading, exercise, and good times with family and friends.