What is a Family Center?
- Space for parents and families to use
- Facilitates communication between families and school
- Provides opportunities for parents to get to know each other and connect
- Offers educational and socializing opportunities
What does a Parent Liaison do?
- Establishes a communication bridge between home and school
- Provides information and support to ensure your child’s academic and social success
- Creates family and community partnerships
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. in Psychology --- 1999, Universidad Autónoma de Durango, Durango, México • Masters in Clinical Psychology --- 2001, Universidad Autónoma de Durango, Durango, México
Mrs. Lucy Ortiz
I’m very happy to work with this awesome GPS family. I love my job because of the opportunity I have to serve as a communication bridge between school, families, and community. I enjoy working as a team with teachers, students, and their families. I am originally from México, and moved to the U.S. when I married my wonderful husband Juan. He motivates me to be my best every day. We have two beautiful daughters, Raquel (17) and Valentina (15). We are very proud of them and they keep us busy playing soccer and volleyball. As a family, we like any activity together. We love to cook, participate in our church activities, watch movies, travel, and enjoy nature. Nos vemos pronto amigos! =]