Welcome to School Counseling
School Counseling Beliefs
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to a safe and nurturing instructional environment
which supports and enhances academic achievement.
- All students' ethnic, cultural, and racial differences and special needs are
considered in the planning and implementing of the school counseling program.
- All students have the right to be served by a professional state certified
Contacting Your School Counselor
Why contact your student's counselor?
- Concerns about student academic performance
- Family changes
- Personal/Social concerns
- Crisis situations
How does a student see the counselor?
- Parent referral
- Teacher referral
- Administrative referral
Parents/Guardians can see the school counselor...
- By calling and making an appointment for a private conference
- By visiting the School Counseling & Advisement Department in LTC 401