High School Diploma Online Courses
Earn your high school diploma from the comfort of your home on your schedule. Classes are online and can be completed at your own pace.
Unlike some online programs, with Lexington One you are more than just a student number, and our teachers are available to help you with your studies. Our teachers will assist you with studying, taking tests, and other activities necessary for the completion of your courses. There is a $25 registration fee and a $50 charge for each course. Diploma classes are open to anyone 17 years or older who is not currently enrolled in public school and has previously earned a minimum of 17 credits towards a SC High School Diploma. Once a student has completed the high school diploma requirements, a SC High School Diploma will be awarded.
SC High School Diploma Requirements
English/Language Arts 4
U.S. History and Constitution 1
U.S. Government 0.5
Other Social Studies Course 1
Computer Science (including Keyboarding) 1
- Students must be 17 years of age or older.
- Students must officially withdraw from their high school.
- Students of age 17 must be referred by attendance or from the principal of the high school from which the student withdrew and an Underage Waiver form must be completed.
- Students must meet with the Director of Adult Education at enrollment.
- All fees must be paid prior to starting classes.
- If a student has an IEP, the student will have an IEP meeting to determine that Adult Education is the appropriate educational setting for the student.
- Each student’s transcript must be evaluated. In order to qualify for the Diploma Program, the student must previously have earned a total of 17 high school credits. Other options are available for those possessing less than 17 credits.
Lexington One Adult Education utilizes Edgenuity for its coursework. Students will go through an orientation process to make sure they understand how to use the platform. Once entered into a course, students will be expected to complete the coursework by the target date. Courses not finished by the target date will be closed and the student will have to start the course over and pay for the repeat course. Edgenuity is an internet based program, therefore can be accessed from any computer with internet access. If your internet access at home is limited, remember our lab is available, as well as the local libraries. Center hours are posted HERE. Occasionally the Center closes according to the Lexington One School Calendar or GED testing at our location. Closings are posted on the Edgenuity announcement board. It is expected that all students read the announcements in Edgenuity.
At any time if you have technical difficulties, please contact any of the following:
Brian Barrineau email@example.com
Bob Herring firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Elliott email@example.com
If you need subject specific assistance with your coursework, contact Helen Renew at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment to meet with a teacher for that subject.
Under 18? If you are 16 or 17 and think that Adult Education is the right way forward, fill out the form below, and bring it with you when you come to enroll. You will also need a school withdrawal form from your guidance office.
For more information, contact Brian Barrineau, Director, at 803-821-2950 or email at email@example.com.
After completing your required courses, transcripts can be sent to the school of your choice by calling the office at (803) 821-2950.