ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (K-5)
At Red Bank Elementary School, students find out what it takes to become a successful leader and a successful learner. The teachers and staff at Red Bank Elementary School are committed to the idea that learning is for everyone, and all will work together to help everyone reach their goals and find success.
We encourage each other.
We learn every day.
We never give up.
We strong leaders.
We are Red Bank!
Lead. Learn. Love...Pass it on!
Weekly Message From Mrs. Ricard
Greetings Roadrunner Families,
Please read below to see some important reminders for the upcoming week
- Thank you for allowing your children to participate in our final theme day as they honored our wonderful teachers by dressing up as a teacher! At RBE, our teachers truly are the BEST! I want to thank you for allowing your students to dress up on our Theme Fridays! This made the year so much more enjoyable and we all had a great time dressing up!
- Our small, socially distanced 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, June 9. If you have not completed the Google form or the paper form that was sent home to give your child permission to participate, please do so as soon as possible.
- On June 8, we will create a schoolwide Zoom meeting so that all staff and students can see who wins the pie in the face! After much campaigning, Mrs. Vann is now in the lead with Mrs. Ricard in second place! Let’s see who gets a pie in support of Relay for Life! I also want to share that we surpassed our school goal of $3000 to drive out cancer! At this time, we have collected $3191.79! Several of us and Speedy, our Roadrunner mascot, attended the Relay for Life Parade on Saturday! We were the only Lexington One school represented which made us very proud!
- Our end of the year “Drive Through Parade” will be held on Friday, June 11 from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. Please see the directions linked here. Please save the date and plan to decorate your vehicle to represent your student(s).
- We have a small number of yearbooks for sale on a first come, first served basis. You will need to call to prepay to reserve these at $30 each if you wish to purchase one.
- 5K and Immersion 5K registration for the 2021-22 school year is now open. The link for Immersion Registration is here. Please see the link for the 5K programs linked here.
- The Summer Reading program conducted by the Lexington County Public Library will kick off beginning on Tuesday, June 1 and extends through Sunday, August 8. If your child will participate in this program we have starter information packets available in the Learning Commons at RBE. Have your child drop by the Learning Commons to pick up an information packet about the program. All participants are guaranteed a free book just for participating and additional prizes for completion of the easy to follow program. Information packets at RBE are limited, but if demand exceeds our supply we will obtain additional information packets if needed.
- For those who have brought Over The Counter Medications, creams, cough drops, etc., please make arrangements to pick them up by June 9th at 11:40 am. If the medications/creams have not been picked up by the specified date and time, they will be destroyed.
- Please reach out to our school nurse, Blaine Poole at 803-821-4623, if your child has any COVID-19 symptoms, has been a close contact, or has tested positive. Please send in any doctor’s notes or up to ten parent notes for student absences.
- If your child has been approved to return early from quarantine, please be advised that he/she cannot ride the bus until the full 14-day quarantine period has ended. Thank you for your patience and understanding of this requirement!
Finally, I want to say thank you for all the love, encouragement, support, and collaboration you have provided to us at RBE this year. We know it has been a difficult and different sort of year, but we are so grateful to our families for persevering with us. I am truly honored and feel very blessed to be a part of such a loving school family! This will be my final message of this school year, but I cannot wait to begin the year 2021-22 with you all! Best wishes to our 5th graders who will be moving to middle school! We love you and will miss you! We look forward to a great week at RBE where we will continue to Lead. Learn. Love….and Pass It On!