Degrees and Certifications:
Attended the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC; Bachelor of Arts in Experimental Psychology with a Minor in Elementary Education 2003; Master of Arts in Teaching 2004;Elementary Education Certified
My Professional Accomplishments
- This is my 17th year of teaching. I’ve taught 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades.
- Currently pursuing my Read to Succeed Credentials; Currently CPR Certified
- Member of the Nurture Den; District Calendar Committee; WP Rawl Garden Grant recipient
My Professional Passions & Strengths
- My strengths include teaching writing and creating a community of happy learners in my classroom.
- I am learning more about how to teach reading more comprehensively and assessing it accurately.
- I am also learning more about distance learning/teaching through reading and practice.
- I am not afraid to make mistakes in front of my students. I want them to know that I’m real and that it is ok to make mistakes as long as we learn from them.
My Personal Passions
Outside of school, I love to participate in Pilates and spend time with my family and friends. I enjoy riding my motorcycle and am celebrating having my motorcycle license for two years!! I have a black and white cat named Milo and I love to shop. I also love to read and cook. My favorite places to visit include the mountains of North Carolina and Georgia, as well as Isle of Palms.