Degrees and Certifications:
BA in Early Childhood Education (North Greenville University, Greenville, SC, 2001) BA in Elementary Education (North Greenville University, Greenville, SC, 2001) M. Ed in Divergent Learning (Columbia College, Columbia, SC, 2010) National Board Certified, 2007 & 2017 (Early Childhood Generalist)
My Professional Accomplishments
- 20 years teaching PK, K, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd grades
- State Mentor to new teachers
My Professional Passions & Strengths
- I am passionate about the brain and how it helps us be better learners!
- I am learning more about how to be an exceptional reading teacher.
- I believe in the power of community and work hard to form a school family with my students.
My Personal Passions
I am passionate about my family! I have one son, Charlie, who is 4 ½ years old. I think he is the best little boy ever! We both love being outdoors and you can find us working in the garden on weekends. I also love running! You will see me most afternoons heading out the door in my running clothes. :) I love to run with students and get excited when we can share a race together! I love my church and am actively involved in teaching small groups there.