Message From Our Principal
Greetings from White Knoll Middle School! As we begin another school year at White Knoll I am excited to tell you about several awesome initiatives that will provide great opportunities for our students and staff.
- For the second year, we will be participating in the Dynamic Learning Project. This partnership with Google for Education, EdTech Team, and DigitalPromise provides personalized coaching support to help our teachers use echnology in their classroom in transformative ways. Working with these leaders in technology research and implementation allows us to truly be on the cutting edge of educational technology use.
- This year also begins our full integration of the principles of Capturing Kids'Hearts. Throughout the year, we will work to develop caring relationshipsand social contracts with our students. We want to continue to improve our school climate because we firmly believe that we are in the people businessand that the foundation of all of our work is relationships.
- Finally, we are thrilled to begin work this year with Code To the Future. Through our Introduction to Computer Science and Gateway to Technology classes, our students will be introduced to the exciting world of coding and the career opportunities available in this growing field.
I encourage you to talk to your children often about their work here and ask specifically about these initiatives. We want them to focus, work hard, and look to the future. I also want each student here to understand that WKMS and Lexington School District One provides an opportunity for a world class education and unlimited opportunities.
As we approach these initiatives, and our day-to-day work, we will maintain focus on our four key school priorities.
- Excellent and engaging instruction in all classes every day with a focus on blended learning.
- Continuing to improve school climate with a focus on “Capturing Kids’ Hearts” and “Creating a Culture of Kindness.”
- Professionalism in all of our actions and interactions
- Continuous improvement.
As we work together my desire is that we all share the common vision of Lexington School District One to "Empower each child to design the future."
I look forward to working with you for the good of our children and as we....Continue to SOAR HIGHER!