As Lexington County School District One plans for the 2020–2021 school year, keeping our more than 27,300 students and 4,000 staff safe while providing a high-quality education remains the district’s top priority. Click here for the district's school reentry plans.
A Message From Mr. Branham, Principal
Family, tradition, excellence, hard work, and community are just a few words that describe Centerville Elementary School. As we travel throughout the year together, please know that we are here to make you and your child's learning experiences meaningful, positive, and productive. If at any time you have an idea, a question, or concern, please feel free to contact me by phone, e-mail, or in person.
Registration and Schedule Pickup
Lexington School District One has finalized our school registration and schedule pick-up procedures for this year. Please click on the link below where you will be provided with step-by-step directions for the registration process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 803-821-5900.
Summer Food Service Program Ends August 5
The Summer Food Service Program will be conducting their last serving day on Wednesday, August 5th. On this day, children will receive 8 breakfast meals, 8 lunch meals, produce boxes, and gallons of milk as they have been during the month of July. The number of meals being served should last them through August 14th.
Rising 6th Graders - Summer Reading
Summer reading gives your child a chance to improve reading skills while reading for pleasure. Because our children get to choose what book they read, hopefully they will find books they won’t be able to put down and fall in love with reading. Reading for enjoyment prepares our children for academic reading.
Your rising 6th grader should choose and read at least one book this summer. As a starting point, your child might think about picking one of the most recent South Carolina Junior Book Award Nominees. (Attention! Young Adult books often contain mature subject matter and may include strong language. Please read a book review or read the book your child chooses to decide if it is appropriate for your child.)
2020-21 SC Junior Book Award (JBA) Nominees:
- Deep Water by Watt Key
- Endling: The Last by Katherine Applegate
- Every Shiny Thing by Cordelia Jensen and Laurie Morrison
- Everything Else in the Universe by Tracy Holczer
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- Genesis Begins Again by Alicia D. Williams
- A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramée
- Harbor Me by Jacqueline Woodson
- I Am Still Alive by Kate Alice Marshall
- The Jigsaw Jungle by Kristin Levine
- Lifeboat 12 by Susan Hood
- Marcus Vega Doesn’t Speak Spanish by Pablo Cartaya
- The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl by Stacy McAnulty
- The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani
- Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter
- The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart
- Shouting at the Rain by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
- The Unteachables by Gordon Korman
When your child begins 6th grade in August, he or she will be sharing and talking about books in class. Your child may even get to participate in a schoolwide reading celebration!
August 20, 2020
August 21, 2020
August 31, 2020
September 7, 2020
September 18, 2020
September 25, 2020